Local Laws
Music & Events
Public Safety
Town Offices
Town Clerk/Taxes
Transfer Station

Burning Permits
May be obtained at the Town Clerks office.
There is no fee for these permits.
NO BURNING MARCH 15th to MAY 15th.

Dog Licenses
All dogs need to be licensed.
Make sure your dog(s) are vaccinated.

List of Rabies Clinics

Hunting & Fishing
Hunter Safety Courses may be inquired by calling Cornell Cooperative Extension Education Center 377 Schroon River Road Warrensburg, NY 12885 Phone: 518-623-3291 or 518-668-4881
Email: Warren@cornell.edu

Or NYSDEC website-education-sportsman education program

Hunting licenses: To facilitate the purchase of a sporting license, individuals should have the following items ready when buying a license: complete name and address information, DEC customer ID number if you have it, proof of residency information (driver's license number or non-driver's ID number with a valid NYS address to qualify for a resident license), and, if purchasing by phone or internet, a credit card and card expiration date Hunting license purchases require individuals to provide proof of a hunting education certification or a copy of a previous license, if this information is not already contained in their sporting license system file. With the introduction of a new computerized system this year, it may take license-issuing agents some additional time to find previous license holders in the system. DEC asks that license purchasers remain patient as these agents gain experience with this new system.

Click For Important updates On Hunting & Fishing

New Fishing regulations guide will be available next spring.

The Notification of Presence of Wild Animals
Pursuant to General Municipal Law 209-cc. everyone who owns, possesses or harbors certain wild animals must report the location of the animal to his or her municipal clerk. The clerk must then forward the Report to all police agencies and emergency responders having jurisdiction, for their awareness in case of a call to that location. The documents contained in this section will explain these requirements in further detail.
Required Annual Reporting of the Presence of Wild Animals Statutory Authority: General Municipal Law §209-cc http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/law-s/wildanimals.cfm   All persons required to report the owning, possessing or harboring of a wild animal under General Municipal Law §209-cc shall file such report with the relevant city, town or village clerk on or before April 1 of each year. The state fire administrator, in consultation with the Department of Environmental Conservation, has developed the following list of the common names of wild animals to be reported: If your animal is on this list, use this form (107 KB) http://www.dhses.ny.gov/ofpc/laws/animallaw/documents/209-cc-form.pdf to properly report your animal to your local municipality.

Glassbrook Cemetery Lots:
Corner of Harrisburg and Glassbrook Road

Taxpayer and/or Residents $400.00 per Grave
Non-taxpayers, Non-Residents $600.00 per Grave

Rules and Regulations can be found under Information and Applications


Dog License Application

FOIL Request

Handicap Parking Permit Application

Cemetery Rules & Regulations

Voter Registration Form

Absentee Ballot Application


Obtaining a Marriage License

Application for Genealogical Search

Application for Marriage Record Copy

Application for Death Record Copy

Application for Birth Record Copy

January - March
Taxes are collected at the
Stony Creek Town Hall Town Clerks Office 52 Hadley Road  P.O. Box 96 Stony Creek, NY  12878

If you need to make an address or correction change to your taxes please notify the Town Assessor at the above address or call 518-696-3575  Ext: 305

After April 9th taxes will be collected at the Warren County Treasurer’s Office Warren County Municipal Center 1340 State Route 9 Lake George, NY  12845 518-761-6375

**NOTE: SCHOOL TAXES are mailed September 1st and they are collected by the Hadley-Luzerne Central School Tax Collector until November.
All payments and questions regarding School taxes should be directed to the Hadley-Luzerne Central School Tax Collector who can be contacted at (518) 696-2378 ext 137.